Alumni Mentor Program
The Alumni Mentor Program is a program that matches Georgetown McDonough alumni with current sophomores and juniors to establish a career-focused mentoring relationship. The mission of the program is to prepare McDonough School of Business students for success in their professional life by providing real-world business experience, information related to career paths, and the general wisdom that only comes with the life experiences mentors have had thus far.
The program is a semester-long program that provides regular opportunities for students and alumni to meet in-person to build and develop a mentoring relationship. Students and mentors are asked to gather three times each semeter on campus to discuss any career-related topic they would like. These events also give students and mentors alike the opportunity to meet other Hoyas in the D.C. area. Students are also asked to meet with their mentor at least once outside of these organized events to continue working on program goals. As a result, students and alumni alike leave the program with expanded networks and career information that will help prepare them for the road ahead.
- All interested sophomores and juniors must complete an application to take part in the program. The application will ask students to list goals for the program and what the student hopes to learn during the mentoring process.
- All students must attend each event (three per semester) and must meet with their mentor at least once outside of the three events.
- Students must be responsive to their mentor when contacted by email or phone.
- Students will receive guidance from their mentor as to their career progression, whether they are just starting out in the career development process or are about to begin an internship. Mentorship can provide guidance and advice that is not found in any textbook or online!
- Students will build their Hoya network, one of the most valuable networks in the world.
- Students will have an opportunity to meet alumni from different industries to learn more about career opportunities available to all majors.
- Please complete the online application.
- Mentors should be Georgetown University Alumni, and preferably McDonough School of Business alumni.
- Mentors should attend each in-person event (three per semester).
- Complete the Mentor Interest Form to apply to be a mentor.
- Mentors have the opportunity to give back to Hoyas who are in the process of beginning their careers.
- Mentors have the opportunity to build and strengthen their Hoya network.
- Mentors have the opportunity for "reverse mentorship" or learning about trends and practices of today's college student.
To apply to be a mentor in the Alumni Mentor Program, please email Rebecca Cassidy, director of the McDonough Office of Professional Development