When we have asked you, our alumni and friends, to support something worthwhile – from funding our new facility to providing seed money for new programs to supporting faculty -- you have unfailingly responded with heartwarming enthusiasm. Our drive toward pre-eminence, however, will require growth in philanthropy.
So we simply ask you to support the McDonough School of Business and our various endeavors, from endowing professorships, to funding the Center for Financial Markets and Policy, to bolstering global residencies, or making an annual fund gift. Any gift, large or small, is vitally important to our mission, and your participation is as important as the size of your gift.
Annual Fund and other current use funds
Tuition, the bulk of our revenue sources, only covers part of the cost of providing an education. And, until we build up our endowment, annual fund (and other current use gifts) will be necessary to supplement our budget and to provide the financial resources to develop and implement new curricular and co-curricular programs.
Why give to the annual fund?
- Provides flexibility to direct resources where they are most needed.
- Strong participation in the annual fund sends a clear message to applicants that the McDonough School of Business community is strong and provides an opportunity with a lifetime of benefits.
- Supports attracting the best talent in teaching and research; the cost of attracting and retaining superior faculty members continues to increase due to competition from top schools and private industry.
- Helps us to meet the increased expectations by students and applicants for the best educational programs, services and faculty as we compete for the best students.
- The pride in continuing to invest in the degree that has provided you with an outstanding education, networks and professional opportunities.
How you can support the School now:
- Dean’s Leadership Fund
- MBA-FT Program Annual Fund
- MBA-EP Program Annual Fund
- EML Program Annual Fund
- IEMBA/EMBA Legacy Fund (endowed fund)
Realizing the goal of pre-eminence will require a level financial investment that provides long-term and on-going support – earnings from endowed funds. For every additional dollar we receive from our endowment, it allows a tuition or current use dollar to be used in other parts of the school. Income from endowment will allow us to focus on:
- Building new program capacity
- Sustaining a highly innovative undergraduate learning experience
- Enhancing graduate education
- Promoting academic and faculty excellence