Georgetown MBA Continues Sharp Climb in Rankings
Washington, DC -- Georgetown University's McDonough School of Business continues to do well on the lists of the best U.S. business schools. Adding to recent rankings gains in Business Week, The Wall Street Journal and the Financial Times, the school jumped nine places to #25 in the latest issue of US News and World Report. The collective gain across these publications is unprecedented in McDonough's history.
Georgetown's move into the group of elite business schools reflects key strengths, including:
- The impact of the business school's revamped office of career management.
- The student body's enthusiastic support of the school's new management team, assembled under the leadership of Dean George Daly.
- Recognition of McDonoughs willingness to create innovative new approaches to global management education.
- The contributions of a world-class faculty.
- The University's commitment to a new $100 million facility, due to open in early 2009.
- McDonough's position as the premier business school in Washington, DC, an increasingly important destination for global business.
- The US News ranking is based on surveys of business school deans and corporate recruiters and takes into account such measures as average undergraduate GPAs, GMAT scores and mean starting salaries.
About the Robert Emmett McDonough School of Business
Georgetown University's McDonough School of Business is a premier business school located in the nation's capital. Founded in 1957 to educate undergraduate business students through the integration of liberal arts and professional education, the McDonough School today welcomes approximately 1,300 undergraduates, 620 MBA students, and more than 500 participants in its executive education programs annually. For more information about the McDonough School, visit http://msb.georgetown.edu
About Georgetown University
Georgetown University is the oldest Catholic and Jesuit university in America, founded in 1789 by Archbishop John Carroll. Georgetown today is a major student-centered, international, research university offering respected undergraduate, graduate and professional programs on its three campuses. For more information about Georgetown University, visit http://www.georgetown.edu