Georgetown's McDonough School IEMBA Program Ranks 10th Worldwide in BusinessWeek Ranking

October 17, 2005

Contact:
Cynthia S. Shaw
(202) 687-4080
css27@georgetown.edu

Georgetown's McDonough School IEMBA Program Ranks 10th Worldwide in BusinessWeek Ranking

WASHINGTON, DC - October 17, 2005 - The International Executive MBA (IEMBA) program at Georgetown University's McDonough School of Business was ranked 10th worldwide in BusinessWeek's ranking of executive MBA programs, "Top Business Schools: 2005 EMBA." By subject area, the IEMBA program holds the number four spot in the world for Global Business. Since the IEMBA Program's initial ranking in BusinessWeek in 2001, it has enjoyed consistently high rankings worldwide.

"This latest ranking continues to validate the McDonough IEMBA program and its standing as one of the world's top executive MBA programs," said George Liebensfeld, acting assistant dean, IEMBA and executive education programs. "We are excited about the recognition from BusinessWeek. Our ranking in the top 10 affirms the excellence of our curriculum and the strength of our faculty. In addition, we are delighted to see McDonough's IEMBA program receive 'A's' from recent graduates for teaching and curriculum."

The factors used to determine placement include quality of faculty, curriculum and program support. The ranking was compiled using over 3,400 members of the class of 2005 from 64 different EMBA programs. The response rate for students was 60% and for program directors was 61%. The students were surveyed regarding teaching, curriculum and academic support as well as their classmates and overall satisfaction. The survey also took into account the 2001 and 2003 surveys, to track the changes that have taken place over the past five years. The student survey counted for 65% of the total survey score, and the other 35% was fulfilled by directors, who identified the ten programs they considered the best.

Rounding out the top 10 business schools in this issue of BusinessWeek include: Northwestern (Kellog); University of Pennsylvania (Wharton); Chicago; Michigan Ann Arbor; University of North Carolina (Kenan-Flagler); Emory (Goizueta); IMD (Lausanne, Switzerland); and Duke (Fuqua Global). More on the EMBA BusinessWeek rankings, methodology, etc. is available online at www.businessweek.com/bschools/05/emba_rank.htm

The McDonough School of Business IEMBA Program, with a current enrollment of 102 students, is a dynamic and demanding MBA degree program designed especially for mid-career professionals (the average student has 11 years of work experience) who would like to enhance their knowledge and management skills in the rapidly changing business environment. Participants learn to lead and make rapid, high-level business decisions, develop their global perspective, and expand their network through working with innovative faculty and high caliber colleagues. For more information about the IEMBA program, visit www.msb.edu/exec_ed/executive_mba/overview.htm.

About Georgetown's McDonough School of Business
Offering unparalleled access to the world's business, policy and thought leaders, Georgetown University's Robert Emmett McDonough School of Business is seated at one of the nation's most prestigious universities in one of the world's most dynamic and important cities. The school is
committed to developing leaders capable of making complex business decisions in a global environment and who are dedicated to serving their companies, society and humanity. The McDonough School's undergraduate, MBA, executive education and International Executive MBA programs provide solid grounding in all the core management disciplines, with an emphasis on the global, ethical and political environment of business. For more information about the McDonough School, visit www.msb.georgetown.edu/.

About Georgetown University
Georgetown University is the oldest Catholic and Jesuit university in America, founded in 1789 by Archbishop John Carroll. Georgetown today is a major student-centered, international, research university offering respected undergraduate, graduate and professional programs on its three campuses. For more information about Georgetown University, visit www.georgetown.edu/.