Real Estate Investment Trust (REIT) Summit to be Held
CEOs to Participate in Panel Discussion, Feb. 9
WHAT: A panel of distinguished CEOs will gather at Georgetown University’s McDonough School of Business for a Real Estate Investment Trust (REIT) Summit. The group will examine important capital markets issues as related to REITs, commercial real estate trends, the impact of the credit crisis, and strategies for investors to survive in today’s challenging environment.
The event will open with John Perry, head of U.S. real estate equity research for Deutsche Bank Securities, Inc., who will talk about the industry outlook for 2010. He will be followed by a panel discussion, moderated by Peter Baccile, vice chairman of JP Morgan Investment Bank. Joining Baccile will be:
• Robert Steers, co-chairman and co-CEO of Cohen & Steers, the leading holder of REIT shares in the United States with $24.8 billion in assets under management, and chairman of Georgetown’s McDonough School of Business Board of Advisors;
• Dave Stockert, CEO of Post Properties, a preeminent developer and operator of upscale multi-family apartment communities;
• Don Wood, CEO of Federal Realty Investment Trust, an equity REIT focusing on high quality retail assets;
• Jon Bortz, CEO of Pebblebrook Hotel Trust, a newly formed REIT that will invest in upscale hotel properties located in large U.S. cities, and the former CEO of LaSalle Hotel Trust, the leading REIT performer in the hotel industry; and
• Rand Griffin, CEO of Corporate Office Properties Trust, a specialty office REIT that acquires and develops properties that are typically concentrated in large office parks primarily located adjacent to government demand drivers and/or in growth corridors.
WHEN: Tuesday, February 9, 2010, 4:30 to 6:30 p.m., with a light reception to follow.
WHERE: Georgetown University, McDonough School of Business, 37th & O Streets, NW, Rafik B. Hariri Building,
Lohrfink Auditorium, Washington, D.C.
RSVP: Open to the public. RSVP online here.
Media who are interested in covering the event should contact Teresa Mannix, director of media relations, at (202) 687-4080 or email@example.com.
About Georgetown University’s McDonough School of Business
Georgetown University’s McDonough School of Business is a premier business school located at the center of world politics and business in Washington, D.C. Some 1,400 undergraduates, 1,000 MBA students, and 500 participants in executive education programs study business with an intensive focus on leadership and a global perspective. Founded in 1957, the business school today resides in the new Rafik B. Hariri Building, a state-of-the-art facility that blends the tradition of Georgetown University with forward-thinking functionality. For more information about Georgetown’s McDonough School of Business, visit http://msb.georgetown.edu.