Webinars and Thought Leadership
The Office of Executive Education is committed to serving its community during this time of uncertainty and is providing complimentary training to help navigate the challenges ahead. Please see a short message below from Paul Almeida, dean and William R. Berkley Chair at the McDonough School of Business, about the value of education during times of uncertainty.
Managing Social Presence During Remote Work
Friday, May 22
11:30 a.m. – 12 p.m. EDT
Professor Jeanine Turner
Optimal virtual communication within organizations isn’t achieved by taking what worked in person and moving it online. Remote collaboration requires a different approach adapted to the current environment we are in.
Webinar participants will:
- Learn an organizational communication framework designed for remote work
- Gain tools to structure productive virtual meetings
- Discover how to deepen social connection among employees while we shelter in place
Learn how the nature of leadership and employment will be changed by greater use of artificial intelligence in the workplace. In this webinar, Jose-Luis Guerrero, associate professor of operations and information management, shares a realistic understanding of how AI contributes to economic growth and the skills people need to compete against as well as work with machines.
Read the articles below for guidance from our faculty experts on how to adapt and lead during a crisis.
- An op-ed by Jeanine Turner, affiliate professor
“Virtual Communication Can be Tricky. What Happens When Every Part of Your Life Depends on it?“
- An article by Brooks Holtom, professor of management
“Top 10 Employee COVID-19 Concerns Every Leader Needs to Understand”
- An op-ed by Michael Czinkota, associate professor of international business and marketing
“Getting Decisions Right in a Crisis“
- An article by Michael Czinkotas, associate professor of international business and marketing
“Battling the Virus Strengthens Education“
- An op-ed by Ricardo Ernst, Baratta Chair in Global Business and director of Global Business Initiative
“Supply chain management is a vital weapon in the war against the coronavirus“
- An op-ed by Robert Hockett, visiting professor of finance
“We’re at war and need wartime institutions to keep our economy producing what’s necessary“
- An op-ed by Leslie Crutchfield, executive director of Business for Impact and Ernest “Chico” Rosemond and program director of the New Strategies program
“Nonprofits and COVID-19: No Money – No Mission“
- “Highlights from Center for Financial Markets Webinar on COVID-19 Volatility“
Complimentary Content Customized to Your Needs
What are your burning questions? What challenges do you need help navigating? We will enlist faculty to provide research-based guidance on the pressing every day issues that people are facing.
Please fill out this form and we will address these topics via a webinar, blog post, or other outreach.