The Masters of Arts in International Business and Policy (MA-IBP) program is designed for working professionals with a minimum of five years of work experience who wish to advance in their careers by gaining a deeper understanding of business and international relations. Typically, candidates work in business, government, financial organizations, multinational corporations, or non-governmental organizations.
Admissions Requirements at a Glance
- 12-month Masters of Arts for working professionals
- Competitive merit-based scholarships available
- GRE and GMAT scores not required
All applicants to the program are required to submit the following materials:
- Online application form
- Current resume/curriculum vitae
- Personal statement of purpose
- Two letters of recommendation
- Employer letter of support
- Official academic transcripts (if not in English, must be official translation; if international, must be evaluated)
- Proof of English proficiency (if requested)
- Non-refundable application fee of $175
Admissions are done on a rolling basis. If interested in applying for the Spring 2018 intake please contact us directly at email@example.com.
Online Application Form
Applicants must complete the online application form and submit additional application materials to the program.
Current Resume or Curriculum Vitae
Submit a current CV or resume in month/year format that corresponds to the information submitted in your online information.
Personal Statement of Purpose
The personal statement provides you with an opportunity to share with the Admissions Committee things about yourself not immediately evident in your CV or resume. We recommend you take careful consideration when writing this portion of your application to ensure you convey and express the appropriate message to the Admissions Committee. Your essay should not exceed 700 words.
Two Letters of Recommendation
The Admissions Committee requests that you select a current (or former, if necessary) supervisor and a second individual within your professional network to submit a recommendation on your behalf. As the applicant, you will identify these two individuals using our online application. (Recommenders will receive detailed instructions once you complete the “Recommendations” section of your application.) We are interested in gaining insight from individuals who can objectively evaluate your professional performance, as well as managerial and leadership potential.
Employer Letter of Support
You are required to submit a letter of support from your current employer on company letterhead. Please indicate whether your employer is fully or partially financially sponsoring you (although not required). If you are self-employed, you are still required to submit an employer letter of support noting this. A template can be found under the “downloadable forms” section of your online application.
Official Academic Transcripts
Applicants must submit transcripts from all institutions from which a degree has been conferred. An official evaluation company must translate all international transcripts into English. Please mail physical transcripts to the address below or send electronic versions to firstname.lastname@example.org:
ATTN: ExecEd MA-IBP
Rafik B. Hariri Building, Suite 474
37th & O Streets, NW
Washington, DC 20057
Commonly used companies can be found online here.
Recommended Evaluation Package:
Proof of English Proficiency
International students are required to demonstrate a level of competence in English sufficient to meet the admission requirements of the program. All non-U.S. applicants are required to have either completed a degree in a university where English is the primary language of instruction, worked in an English-speaking country or organization for at least the past three years, or submitted a current TOEFL, IELTS, or Pearson Test of English result if their admissions counselor has requested it.
- TOEFL: Official scores must be sent directly from ETS to Georgetown University Executive Education Admissions using ETS Code Number: 2509-02. The minimum required score is 250 (computer-based), 600 (paper-based), or 100 (internet-based). Your test result must not be more than two years old.
- IELTS: Official scores must be sent directly from Cambridge (IELTS) to your admissions counselor. We accept only academic module results; the minimum required score is 7.5. Your test result must not be more than two years old.
- PEARSON TEST OF ENGLISH: Official scores must be sent directly from Pearson Vue to your admissions counselor. The minimum required score is 68. Your test result must not be more than two years old.
Applicants must submit a $175 non-refundable application fee, payable online via credit card or e-check. Please do not send a personal check or money order. An application fee waiver is granted to candidates who are active duty, reservists, or veterans of the United States military, or who work in the nonprofit sector.
Frequently Asked Questions
Find out what to expect from your academic experience in the MA-IBP program.