Executive Master's in Leadership Admissions: How to Apply
At Georgetown McDonough, the Executive Master’s in Leadership program prepares professionals to be successful and influential global leaders.
Executive Master’s in Leadership candidates bring diverse professional backgrounds and experiences to the program. They display high leadership potential and have a deep interest in shaping the global business environment and leading in their organizations.
TO APPLY, APPLICANTS SHOULD:
- Have a minimum of 8 Years of Professional Work Experience Post-baccalaureate. All military experience is counted as work experience.
- Possess a Bachelor's Degree from an accredited college or university in the United States or the equivalent from an international college or university.
- Demonstrate high potential for leadership. A business background is not required.
- Official Transcripts Please submit official transcripts for all degrees conferred (undergraduate and graduate). International transcripts should be evaluated by an accredited evaluation service.
- Two (2) Letters of Recommendation One recommendation must be from a current or former (recent) direct supervisor. The second recommendation may be from a client or an indirect supervisor. We will accept one additional recommendation. The admissions committee, however, will not read more than three recommendations per application.
- Letter of Support from Current Employer This letter indicates that your employer is aware of your intention to undertake this program of study and that they will support you with release time from your work responsibilities. We provide a template letter for your convenience, within the application portal.
- Three (3) Essays We require that you submit two essays and one personal statement. Each essay should be a minimum of 500 words, no more than 700 words. The topic of each essay can be found in the application instructions.
- Current Resume Your resume should be up-to-date.
- TOEFL or IELTS score for non-native English speaking applicants
- Interviews are by invitation only (after receipt of completed application)
- Non-refundable application fee $175
DEADLINES all scholarship deadlines fall on a Sunday. Applications must be submitted by 11:59 PM EST.
- First Scholarship Deadline: Sunday, August 27 First deadline for scholarship consideration. Completed applications received by this date will be considered for scholarship.
- Final Scholarship Deadline: Sunday, October 1 Final deadline for scholarship consideration. Completed applications received by this date will be considered for scholarship.
- Early Decision Deadline: November 12 Completed applications submitted by this date will receive admissions decisions before Georgetown closes for holiday break.
- Final Application Deadline February 4, 2018, 11:59 PM EST. Final deadline for consideration for the March 2018 class.
Before you begin your application, please read the application instructions thoroughly.
QUESTIONS? For additional information, please contact Taira Crockett at +1 (202) 687-4055 or firstname.lastname@example.org.