New Building Update: Live Feed available to Watch Progress
Construction of the new home for the McDonough School of Business is on schedule for completion by Fall 2008, with move-in in early 2009. The construction is well into the excavation phase, with the foundation soon to be installed.
A $100 million investment, the 179,000 square-foot building will enable the McDonough School to solidify its position as one of the world's leading business schools. The many ultra-modern features will help the school excel in the quality of its teaching, research, student services, career placement activities and connections to international business.
The new building will include:
- Increased seminar, lecture and conference room spaces.
- Classrooms to house an innovative new introductory International Business Seminar for first-year students.
- More tiered classrooms to alleviate overcrowding, improve undergraduate classrooms and allow for expansion of the school's graduate and executive programs.
- Increased MBA career management facilities with comfortable accommodations for corporate recruiters
- More student services facilities for graduates and undergraduates
- A lecture classroom tailored specifically to accommodate accounting classes
- More faculty offices to make room for the additional faculty needed to reduce student-faculty ratios
- More common space for students to study independently and meet for small-group projects
- A state-of-the-art 400-seat auditorium to host lectures as well as addresses by heads of state, cabinet officials and business leaders
- Offices for all McDonough School faculty
- Natural light and views at all levels
- A striking design that complements the historic buildings of Georgetown 's Main Campus
Continue to watch this space for more images of progress.
For more on the building, location, naming opportunities and other points of information, see http://msb.georgetown.edu/alumni/new_building/. You may also contact Keith Collins at email@example.com or 202-687-4080.