Tuition, the bulk of our revenue sources, only covers part of the cost of providing an education. And until we build up our endowment, annual fund gifts (and other current use gifts) will be necessary to supplement our budget and to provide the financial resources to develop and implement new curricular and co-curricular programs.
When we have asked you, our parents, alumni, and friends, to support something worthwhile — from funding our new facility to providing seed money for new programs to supporting faculty — you have responded unfailingly with heartwarming enthusiasm. Our drive toward preeminence, however, will require growth in philanthropy.
So we ask you to support the McDonough School of Business and our various endeavors, from endowing professorships, to funding the First Year Seminar, to bolstering global residencies, or making an annual fund gift. Any gift, large or small, is vitally important to our mission, and your participation is as important as the size of your gift.
The Undergraduate Dean’s Fund:
- Provides flexibility to direct resources where they are most needed
- Allows the Undergraduate Program to develop unique initiatives specifically for Georgetown McDonough undergraduate students
- Helps us attract the best talent in teaching and research — the cost of attracting and retaining superior faculty members continues to increase due to competition from top schools and private industry
- Helps us to meet the increased expectations by students and applicants for the best educational programs, services, and faculty as we compete for the best students
- Builds pride in continuing to invest in the degree that provides students with an outstanding education, global network, and professional opportunities