Global Financial Leaders To Convene at Financial Markets Quality Conference, Nov. 16-18
The Center for Financial Markets and Policy at Georgetown University’s McDonough School of Business is hosting its annual Financial Markets Quality conference virtually Nov. 16-18.
The annual conference will once again bring together policymakers, industry leaders, and scholars to discuss critical issues related to financial markets and propose solutions in order to strengthen the global economy. The theme of this year’s conference is Transformation of Global Financial Markets.
The conference will include the following keynote speakers:
- Afsaneh Beschloss, founder and chief executive officer, Rock Creek Group
- Robert Cook, president and chief executive officer, FINRA
- Stacey Cunningham, president, New York Stock Exchange
- Arne Staal, group head of benchmarks and indices and chief executive officer, FTSE Russell, London Stock Exchange Group
Additional speakers include:
- Reena Aggarwal, Robert E. McDonough Professor of Finance and director of the Center for Financial Markets and Policy, McDonough School of Business
- Remy Briand, head of ESG, MSCI
- Daniel Gallagher (C’94), chief legal officer, Robinhood
- Simeon Hyman, head of investment strategy, ProShares
- Hope Jarkowski, head of equities, New York Stock Exchange
- David LaValle (C’99), global head of ETFs, Grayscale
- Granville Martin, director of Policy for the Americas, the Value Reporting Foundation
- Chuck Mack, head of equities, Nasdaq
- Sarah Olsen (B’09), CIB, Blockchain, executive director, J.P. Morgan
- Commissioner Hester Peirce, SEC commissioner, U.S. Securities Exchange Commission
- Michael Piwowar (MBA’94), former SEC commissioner; executive director, the Milken Institute Center for Financial Markets; and distinguished policy fellow, Center for Financial Markets and Policy
- Laura Segafredo, vice president, Responsible Investing Group in Global Fixed Income, BlackRock
- Anne Simpson, interim managing investment director, Board Governance and Sustainability, CalPERS
- Nandini Sukumar, chief executive officer, World Federation of Exchanges
- Haimera Workie, head of Financial Innovation & senior director, FINRA
To register for the event and view the full agenda, visit https://sforce.co/3okGmSk. Follow the conversation on Twitter @GUFinPolicy with the hashtag #GUfinance and #FMQ2021
About the Center for Financial Markets and Policy
Offering innovative and influential thought leadership, the Center for Financial Markets and Policy fosters discussion on critical issues related to global financial markets. The center hosts dialogues, conferences, and events involving leading scholars, practitioners, and policymakers; provides a non-partisan forum for informed discussion; sponsors relevant and impactful research on key global market issues; and engages students interested in finance. Learn more at http://finpolicy.georgetown.edu. Follow us on Twitter @GUFinPolicy.
About Georgetown University’s McDonough School of Business
Located at the global intersection of business, policy, and international relations in the capital of the United States, Georgetown University’s McDonough School of Business draws upon its access to business, government, policy makers, nonprofits, and the diplomatic community, as well as the expertise of Georgetown’s other renowned schools, to bring an interdisciplinary and experiential approach to learning and scholarship. Rooted in Georgetown’s Jesuit tradition, the school prepares undergraduates, graduate students, and participants in customized executive education courses to become globally minded, principled leaders in service to business and society. Learn more at http://dev-guwordpress-msb.pantheonsite.io. Follow us on Twitter: @msbgu.