Alumni Career Resources
- Alumni can access resume and cover letter help through McDonough Career Services
- Sample Career Documents from the Cawley Career Center
- Career Coaching
- Alumni Webinar Series (Georgetown University Alumni Association)
MBA Alumni Career Coaching
For those MBA alumni unclear on their career path, we offer clarification coaching. The alumnus and coach will arrange a conversation (by phone, video, or in person) to discuss goals and available resources. Based on career objectives, the alumnus and coach will create a plan for next steps. Our certified career management coaches provide the following expertise: resume and cover letter reviews, target company strategy, networking plan, mock interviews, job search strategy, LinkedIn profile reviews, and offer negotiation.
If you are interested in a career coaching session, please email us at email@example.com with the subject “Alumni Career Coaching” and include the following: full name, email address, phone number, degree program, graduation year, current or most recent employer and job title, reason you seek coaching, a copy of your resume, and the best time for coaching and method of contact (by phone, Skype, or in person). A Career Center staff member will then be in touch regarding next steps.
MSF Alumni Offerings
Career Advising and Executive Coaching
MSF alumni have access to lifelong career advising and executive coaching. A member of our Career Management Team can assist you in a wide range of areas, including positioning for a promotion, strategizing about a career change, or evaluating a job offer. Please visit the MSF Intranet and click the alumni section for more information on how to make an appointment.
Access to MSF Resources
As a member of the Georgetown MSF alumni community, you will receive program updates about twice a year. In addition, you retain access to course materials on Engage as well as to the program’s MSF intranet site, where you can find information on the newest cohorts, contact information for the program, and links to MSF news. You also have unlimited access to the MSF Career Management intranet, which includes important MSF-specific career resources, links to business intelligence, industry information, and resources like Vault, The Business Journals, and Mock Interview Software.
Top 5 Ways to Engage as an MSF Alum
Remain connected to the MSF community through multiple opportunities to network, provide support for fellow alumni or current students, and share valuable insights into the world of finance and consulting. Consider engaging in one of the following:
- Connect with our MSF LinkedIn Profile and Group to see what’s happening in the program, stay engaged with your fellow alumni, and keep us updated on your professional journey.
- Recruit and Refer a Hoya: If your company is looking to fill a position, please consider sharing a job posting on our MSF LinkedIn Page or sending it to our office. You also can post it to Georgetown’s Handshake platform to gain wider exposure beyond the MSF program. Learn more about how to partner with the MSF Career Center to help your company with its recruitment efforts.
- Host an Alumni Insights Session or Company Presentation. Work with our office to arrange for an informal alumni chat or a formal company information session. Current students are eager to hear from alumni and these sessions tend to be very widely attended as a result.
- Join the McDonough MSF Connect on Hoya Gateway to extend your professional network and connect with fellow MSB and MSF Hoyas past and present. We will be sharing upcoming events, resources, and facilitating discussions for professional growth through this group.
- Offer Mock Interviews – You are well-positioned to help current students prepare for the realities of job interviews. If you are interested in offering interview coaching and advice, let us know and we will add you to the active database of alumni volunteers who have agreed to offer this valuable service.
Volunteering and Networking
There are a variety of ways to give back to the Georgetown McDonough student community and support alumni development by engaging with current students. All opportunities are designed to strengthen relationships among McDonough alumni and future graduates, allowing seasoned professionals to share their insights while engaging with other alumni and the next generation of business talent.
Resources for Self Learning
- LinkedIn Learning – First month is free; local public libraries also often offer free subscriptions
- General Assembly – Full-time, part-time, and short-term courses
- Codeacademy – Try for free, sign-up for Pro to complete the courses
- Data Camp – pricing for individuals and teams
- 3WSchools – Costs range from $95 to $200 depending on the qualification
Recruit or Connect with McDonough Talent
If you are aware of job openings in your organization that would benefit from McDonough talent, please consider posting them through Handshake via the link below and then email Talia Schatz at firstname.lastname@example.org.
McDonough Connect Hoya Gateway Group
McDonough Connect is for all Georgetown McDonough students and alumni to connect with one another virtually. As members of Georgetown McDonough community, you belong to a select group of colleagues, friends, mentors, and leaders who share a lifelong bond to the school.