Transfer Internally to the McDonough School of Business at Georgetown University
Georgetown University students enrolled in the Georgetown College of Arts & Sciences (CAS), the School of Foreign Service (SFS), School of Health (SOH), or the School of Nursing (SON), can opt to internally transfer to the McDonough School of Business (MSB) after having completed a minimum of two semesters, or one academic year of residency in their home school. Students are eligible to apply at the end of the Spring semester of their First-Year and either in the Fall or Spring semester of their Second-Year. The deadline each semester to apply is the last day of classes each semester (not the last day of the Final Exam period).
Before completing an application, interested applicants should do the following:
- Fully acquaint yourself with the McDonough School of Business undergraduate curriculum, including core requirements and major requirements for the program(s) that interest you.
- Review the school’s academic regulations as policies differ across schools.
- (Optional) Attend one of the information sessions about the internal transfer process.
Spring 2023 Dates
○ Monday, March 27, 2023 | 11 AM – 12 PM | Info Session Zoom
○ Friday, April 14, 2023 | 3 PM – 4 PM | Info Session Zoom
RSVP to an Information Session
Interested applicants who are unable to attend either of these sessions are encouraged to watch a recording of a previous Internal Transfer information session.
- Review the Internal Transfer Application Frequently Asked Questions sheet.
- Complete the application and submit it on or before the last day of classes.
The application deadline to internally transfer to the McDonough School of Business for a Fall 2023 start is Tuesday, May 2, 2023. Students will be notified of a decision in mid-June.
Applicants are evaluated based on their academic record at Georgetown (including the completion of quantitative courses), personal statement of interest in pursuing a Bachelor’s degree in the business school, academic and disciplinary standing, and having completed the minimum residency requirements as outlined above.
Applicants with additional questions are encouraged to reach out Dr. Nick Russo, Assistant Dean, at firstname.lastname@example.org.