Students: The Career Experience
At Georgetown, you will be exposed to a variety of MBA career opportunities. Take advantage of the range of networking, recruiting, and team-building experiences designed to inform and enrich your post-MBA career.
Serving Evening MBA, Full-time MBA, and Executive MBA students, the Georgetown MBA Career Center is your partner in establishing crucial relationships with other students, employers, alumni, faculty, and administrators. These relationships form the basis of a global network that will support your success over the course of your career. Ensuring your success is our top priority.
Top Hiring Employers
The majority of our students credit the Georgetown McDonough School of Business as their primary job source and we are delighted to partner with students and employers year-round. Our Top MBA Employers include:
|American Airlines||Group Nduom|
|American Express||Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies|
|Bank of America/Merrill Lynch||JP Morgan Chase & Co|
|Bank of Montreal (BMO)||M&T Bank|
|Ernst & Young LLP||Wells Fargo Securities|
Our Full-time MBA 2015 Employment Report represents the successes and outcomes data for our 2015 graduates and class of 2016 internship statistics. View the report below.
The Georgetown McDonough School of Business has a multitude of engaging student organizations that are critical in helping to shape your post-MBA career possibilities. Ranging from professionally minded clubs to student interest associations, student organizations lead activities and events including guest speakers, MBA Career Days, career treks, and social events. Student organizations are open to both Full-time MBA and Evening MBA students. Additionally, students can impact the future of the business school through participation in the MBA Student Government Association (SGA) and the MBA Evening Student Government Association (ESGA).
Arranged by MBA student organizations, these full-day events bring together MBA students, faculty, alumni, with top MBA employers to discuss MBA career paths. These are business-formal educational events and mark the start of your external networking. Career Days offer a great opportunity to explore MBA career functions and paths.
An important element to switching careers and creating career opportunities is exposure to new professional possibilities. Our annual Career Treks help you discover those possibilities by connecting with top MBA hiring employers, Georgetown alumni, and leaders within the business community. Some examples of Treks include:
Washington D.C. Treks
- Participating Employers: The World Bank, International Finance Corporation, HelloWallet, Personal, Exxon Mobil, Opower, and more.
Consulting Trek (D.C. and New York)
- Participating Employers: Deloitte, Capgemini, Accenture, PwC, and more.
Cal Trek (San Francisco and Silicon Valley)
- Participating Employers: Google, Hewlett Packard Enterprise, Twitter, Salesforce, Adobe, Chegg, Andreessen Horowitz, JPMorgan Chase, Kaiser Permanente and more.
Energy Trek (Houston)
- Participating Employers: Shell Corp., Nobel Energy, Capgemini, NRG Energy, and more.
Entrepreneurship Trek (D.C., and New York)
- Participating Employers: EverFi, Optoro, Halcyon House, Social Tables, 1776, Trackmaven, Google, CommonBond, Pymetrics, Gotham Ventures, Grand Central Tech and more.
Healthcare Trek (New Jersey, New York and Boston
- Participating Employers: Merck, Novo Nordisk, GlaxoSmithKline, Athenahealth, and more.
- Past locations include: Dubai, Hong Kong, London, and Madrid
Marketing Trek (New Jersey, Chicago, and New York)
- Participating Employers: American Express, PepsiCo, Citigroup, SC Johnson and more.
Wall Street/Real Estate Trek (New York)
- Participating Employers: Tishman Speyer, JP Morgan, Citi, Carlyle Group, Bank of America Merrill Lynch, Deutsche Bank, Goldman Sachs, Nomura, Wells Fargo, BMO Capital Markets, and more.
The MBA Career Center facilitates career and internship opportunities for Full-time, Evening, and Executive MBA students interested in switching careers or enhancing opportunities within their current employer. We work with employers to build their brand among students and conduct MBA hiring through events and interviews on- and off-campus. Annually, we facilitate more than 1,000 on-campus interviews and 1,900 job postings. Our recruiting database, McDonough CareerView helps you to register for recruiting events, manage your applications, and more.