Georgetown McDonough Class of 2023 NFT
Georgetown University’s McDonough School of Business is excited to bring back its commemorative digital token for the graduating Class of 2023! In partnership with Reservoir, a start-up founded by MBA candidate James Azar (MBA’23), McDonough has launched a collection of digital tokens dedicated to this year’s graduates.
Retrieving Your Digital Token
To retrieve your Class of 2023 token, you must provide your digital wallet address to Reservoir. If you already have an Ethereum-compatible digital wallet, please provide your wallet address here along with the other required information.
If you do not have a digital wallet, rest assured it’s easy to create! Please see the below instructions and videos for creating your digital wallet and obtaining your digital wallet address. While there are several digital wallet providers available, Reservoir recommends Coinbase Wallet, as it’s easy to set up and commonly acceptable. The Coinbase Wallet app is available for download from your mobile device’s app store (iOS or Android).
How to create your Coinbase Wallet account:
Once you have created your Coinbase Wallet account, you will have to retrieve your unique wallet address and send it to Reservoir. To do so, follow the steps below:
- Open the Coinbase Wallet app and login.
- Hit the downward-facing arrow icon that displays “Receive” below it.
- In the first box at the top of your screen titled “Your Ethereum address”, click the two overlapping squares to copy your unique digital wallet address.
- A pop-up will say “Copied to clipboard” at the bottom of your screen.
- Once you have copied your wallet address, please provide your wallet address here along with the other required information.
Once Reservoir transfers your Class of 2023 token, it will be available to you for viewing in your Coinbase Wallet app, as well as on OpenSea.
Connecting to OpenSea for the Best NFT Viewing Experience
For the best viewing experience, we recommend using OpenSea, the premier digital token gallery. To do so, you must connect your Coinbase Wallet to OpenSea. This step is easy and only takes a minute when following the steps below:
- Navigate to Opensea.io on your computer’s web browser.
- In the top right corner of OpenSea’s homepage, click on the icon that looks like a wallet.
- On the window that appears titled “My wallet,” click on the Coinbase Wallet option to connect. A QR will appear on the screen.
- Open the Coinbase Wallet app on your mobile device. In the top right corner, you will see a square icon displayed next to a bell icon. Tap that button!
- Scan the QR code on your computer’s web browser. Your wallet will automatically connect and log you in.
- Once logged in, your NFT will display within the “Hidden” section.
Making your NFT public
By default, OpenSea will automatically hide your McDonough NFT. To unhide and publicly display your NFT, please follow these steps from OpenSea. OpenSea also has a mobile app, should you want to show off your NFT on the road.
Should you encounter any difficulties during this onboarding process, please reach out to Reservoir with your questions at email@example.com.