The Student Experience
Our application for the Master’s in Management (MiM) Class of 2021 has closed. The application for the MiM Class of 2022 will be open soon.
Master’s in Management Cohort
Over the course of this 10-month STEM designated program, MiM students will take all of their classes together. This dynamic learning experience emphasizes collaboration and forges strong bonds among peers, as well as between students and faculty. The incredible support system that you build at Georgetown will last well into your career.
Hear from three current students about their cohort, classroom, and career experience in Georgetown’s Master’s in Management program. All three students emphasize the diversity and unity of their cohort, the applicability of the skills they’ve learned in the classroom, and the preparedness the program offered them for their next career steps.
Where do our Master’s in Management Students come from?
Georgetown University • University of California, Berkeley • University of California, Los Angeles • Emory University • New York University • University of Michigan • Virginia Tech • Baylor University • Brandeis University • Catholic University of America • and more!
Located in one of the world’s biggest hubs for business, government, and international relations, students are awarded the opportunity of exposure to some of the most innovative companies Washington, D.C. has to offer. Site visits and meetings with senior leaders at these organizations are frequently interwoven into the Georgetown MiM curriculum to help students discover where the intersection of business and personal calling converge. Students also have access to alumni connections and networking events within these key organizations.
The program schedule is structured so that students interested in taking internships at area institutions may do so. Note: International students on F1 status cannot participate in paid off-campus internships.
Global Business Experience
As part of the spring semester offerings, students will partake in our signature Global Business Experience course where teams will work together in partnerships with executives from an international organization to tackle a real-life business challenge. Students will travel for one-week to the partnering organization’s location where they will deliver their business recommendations to senior leadership. This first hand experience will prepare students for work in the evolving space of global business practices and help them to further understand the nuances of competitive global markets.
Examples of past projects our students have worked on include:
- Market strategy analysis for a luxury 5-star resort hotel
- Product and market selection for study for a global aviation service provider
- Strategic market analysis for the world’s largest manufacturer of industrial gases
Master’s in Management Career Resources
We offer dedicated career services that help you take charge of your career:
- Coaching: Receive guidance from a talented, experienced, and attentive expert.
- Curricula: Begin the program with a course focused on preparing for the job search. During the program, Fridays are dedicated to career development. Tailored workshops and tutorials will help you discover new paths, craft compelling resumes, and prepare for interviews and salary negotiations.
- Networking: Gain exclusive access to Georgetown University’s alumni mentoring and networking platform. MiM students also can access career treks and events that are open to the entire McDonough community.
- Opportunities: Search a dedicated online job board with the latest employment opportunities.
The Global Network
All MiM students have access to a diverse, distinguished network of 190,000 Georgetown University alumni from the business school as well as other programs.
Master’s In Management Brochure
Georgetown McDonough’s Master’s in Management program is designed to give you a competitive edge moving forward into your career. Check out our MiM brochure to further explore the program offerings.