Connect with Georgetown's global network to build professional relationships, learn about upcoming events and explore career opportunities. The career center provides lifelong career management and career guidance on hiring and switching careers.
Once a Hoya, always a Hoya. The Georgetown McDonough School of Business has a strong and extensive alumni network that is a valuable resource for current students and graduates.
MBA Alumni Career Services
Once a Hoya, always a Hoya. Full-Time MBA, MBA Evening Program, Executive MBA, and Global Executive MBA alumni have access to a wide range of continued services and opportunities including networking, job postings, and professional development alumni events.
Lifelong MBA Career Guidance
The MBA Career Center is proud to support complimentary lifelong alumni career services. Our team of dedicated certified career management coaches provides situational support, helping alumni to clarify goals, utilize available resources, and strategize next steps. Career Coaches work in a 14-industry alignment to cultivate career opportunities that are as industry-specific as possible.For more information about our team, please review our biographies.
MBA Alumni Career Coaching: What to Expect
Alumni who are clear on their target industries can connect with one of our industry-specific coaches. Additionally, we offer clarification coaching as a first step for alumni who are still determining their target industries. The alumnus and coach will arrange a conversation (by phone, Skype, or in-person) to discuss goals and available resources.
Based on career objectives, the alumnus and coach will create a plan for next steps. Topics for session(s) could include any of the following: resume and cover letter reviews, target company strategy, networking plan, mock interviews, job search strategy, LinkedIn Profile reviews, and offer negotiation.
How to Connect with a Career Coach:
If you are interested in a career coaching session, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject "Alumni Career Coaching" and include the following:
- Full name
- Email address
- Phone number
- Degree program (e.g., Full-time MBA, MBA Evening Program, etc.)
- Graduation year
- Current or most recent employer
- Current or most recent job title
- Target industry and function
- Reason you seek coaching
- A copy of your resume
- Best time for coaching and method of contact (by phone, Skype, or in-person)
This information will help us pair you with the career coach best suited to meet your needs. Once it is received, a Career Center staff member will contact you regarding next steps.
Alumni Volunteer and Networking Opportunities
There are a variety of ways to give back to the Georgetown MBA student community and support alumni development by engaging with current students and fellow alumni. All of these opportunities are designed to strengthen relationships among MBA alumni and future graduates, allowing seasoned professionals to share their insights while engaging with other alumni and the next generation of MBA talent.
- Job Postings - If you are aware of job openings in your organization that are MBA appropriate, please consider posting them to our MBA students and alumni in our Georgetown MBA Career Connection (GMCC) recruiting database. To post a position, click here to register for an employer GMCC account.
- Participation in Career Days - During the year, many of our student clubs organize Career Days where alumni play key roles as speakers, panelists, and guests. If you are interested in contributing, please contact MBACareerCenter@georgetown.edu.
- Host an MBA Trek - A great way to interact with and educate current MBA students is to host a group in your office. The event can be purely educational or can be used to promote a job opening. If you are interested in hosting students, please contact MBACareerCenter@georgetown.edu.
- Be a mentor through the Wall Street Alliance (WSA) - The Wall Street Alliance, a New York-based alumni group with a new west coast presence, offers mentorship to students interning in financial services. If you are a member of the WSA and are interested in participating, keep an eye out for a late spring invitation.
- Hoyas Helping Hoyas - Join fellow Georgetown MBA alumni and current MBAs for an evening of informal career networking. This bi-annual career event provides you with a unique opportunity to exchange business cards and network with your fellow MBA Hoyas. Outreach begins each October. For details, contact MBACareerCenter@georgetown.edu.
- Hoya Gateway - Hoya Gateway is an innovative alumni network that facilitates career-related conversations between current Georgetown MBA students and alumni. Opportunities include informational interviews, resume reviews, or mock interviews. Register here.
Key Alumni Career Resources
- Georgetown MBA Career Connection (GMCC): Georgetown MBA alumni may post or apply for jobs using GMCC. To post a job as an employer, please register or log in here. To search and apply for jobs using your alumni account, log in or register here.
- Free Resume and Cover Letter Reviews: In addition to the one-on-one coaching provided by the MBA Career Center, (e.g., resume review, job search strategy), Georgetown MBA alumni have access to a free virtual resume review service through Georgetown Alumni Career Services, which operates independently from the MBA Career Center.. Please submit by emailing to email@example.com along with a job description (if available).
- Alumni Career Network: A resource for all Georgetown University alumni, allowing fellow Hoyas from across the globe to connect within a network of 18,000 alumni from various graduation years, schools, and courses of study.
- Alumni Webinar Series: Offered by Georgetown Alumni Career Services, this ongoing series of online presentations and networking events covers a range of topics related to professional and personal development.
- Job Search Guide for Alumni: An overview of best practices for the various job search stages, including resume structure, interviewing, salary negotiation, networking, and more.
- LinkedIn Groups: Connect with alumni from across the university in the “Georgetown University Alumni” group and with Georgetown McDonough alumni in the “Georgetown University McDonough School of Business Alumni” group.
- Twitter: Throughout the year, stay up to date with important industry trends, career tips, and recruiting reminders through our Twitter account @MSBGU_MBACareer.
Undergraduate Alumni Career Services
McDonough School of Business undergraduate alumni may take full advantage of the Hoya Career Connection. Alumni may upload resumes and cover letters, browse and post jobs and receive feedback from trained professionals from the Georgetown University Career Education Center.