Learn More About a Georgetown MBA
The Admissions Committee takes a holistic approach to the evaluation process, meaning we consider all aspects of your application to determine if you can handle the rigor of the Georgetown MBA Program and to discover if our program is the best “fit” for you. Each element of the application is reviewed by the Admissions Committee to learn about you as a student, a professional, and on a personal level.
Students in the Full-time and Flex MBA Programs at the Georgetown McDonough School of Business come from a wide variety of educational fields of study and professional industries. Our Full-time and Flex MBA Program class profiles offer an overview of our most recent class of MBA students.
All applications are due by 11:59 p.m. ET on the deadline day.
|Application Deadline||Decision Notification||Deposit Due*|
|Round 1||September 27, 2021||December 9, 2021||February 8, 2022|
|Round 2||January 6, 2022||March 22, 2022||April 20, 2022|
|Round 3||March 31, 2022||May 5, 2022||May 17, 2022|
|Round 4||April 26, 2022||May 25, 2022||June 1, 2022|
* To formally accept an offer of admission, a non-refundable $2,000 deposit is required to reserve your seat in the class.
Preparing your MBA application can be a lengthy process. That is why we’ve carefully chosen our admissions components so you only have to submit one written essay, one video essay, one letter of recommendation, and unofficial documents to apply.
The Admissions Committee reviews completed applications that include the components listed below. Please allow several weeks after the application deadline for your application materials to be processed and for our team to update your application status online. Decisions are released through your online application by the published notification date.
- Test score (view specific program requirements)*
- Application Fee
International applicants and re-applicants are required to submit additional application components.
*Flex MBA applicants may qualify for a test waiver. Review our Flex MBA test waiver policy.
- Applicants who would like to be considered for both the Full-time and Flex MBA Programs must submit separate applications with a different email address for each program.
- Your online application must be submitted by 11:59 p.m. Eastern Time on the deadline date. Applications that are received after the deadline will be considered for the next admissions round.
- Documents submitted to the Georgetown University McDonough School of Business become the property of Georgetown University and will not be returned to the applicant.
- Should you be admitted, you will receive a conditional offer and will be required to mail all original/official copies of each application document (test scores, transcripts, degree certificates) to the Admissions Office. Discrepancies between self-reported/unofficial documents and official records may result in an admissions offer being rescinded.
- If any application materials are found to be forged, falsified, or altered in any way, the university will notify all relevant officials, including the individual or institution issuing the document and, as appropriate, immigration officers. If an offer of admission has been made, it may be rescinded.
- If you are a visually-impaired applicant and need an accessible application, please contact us at email@example.com and we’d be happy to assist.
If you submitted an application and received a final decision for the Georgetown MBA Program within the last year and would like to reapply, please email the MBA Admissions Office at firstname.lastname@example.org to reset your application account. Please include “Application Reset Request” in the subject line of the email. You will not be able to access the new application until this is completed.
As a re-applicant, you will need to submit the following information:
- a new application
- test score (view specific program requirements)*
- essays (including the re-applicant essay)
- updated resume
- an updated recommendation
* Flex MBA applicants may qualify for a test waiver. Review our Flex MBA test waiver policy.
We are happy to offer our reapplicants the following benefits:
- an application fee waiver
- personalized coaching between application cycles
- the opportunity to reuse your previous application essays and video essay, as long as they are still relevant and accurate for your MBA candidacy
Students who have attended or graduated from a non-U.S. college or university must submit their academic documents according to World Education Services (WES) standards, as described below.
- Academic transcripts must list the course name and grades received.
- A diploma/degree certificate that shows the date that the degree was conferred.
- An official grading scale of the academic institution.
If your academic documents are in a language other than English, you must submit the certified translation as well as the original documentation for review. Once admitted and prior to matriculating into the program, translators are required to send our office both the original documentation and certified translation in a sealed envelope. Your translator should certify that the original documentation was received in a sealed envelope from the institution.
Demonstration of English Language Proficiency
Applicants who fit the criteria below are required to upload an unofficial English Language Proficiency Exam score report to the online application.
- non U.S. citizens
- non U.S. permanent residents
- applicants who have not obtained a four-year or advanced degree from a university where the only primary medium of instruction was English
You may choose from one of the following three exams to demonstrate your level of competence in English.
- TOEFL – The minimum required score is 250 (computer-based), 600 (paper-based), or 100 (internet-based). Your test result must not be more than two years old. If you are admitted to the program, official scores must be sent directly from ETS to Georgetown University MBA Admissions using ETS Code Number: 5781.
- We now accept MyBest Scores. Test dates on your MyBest Scores report that are older than two years are expired and not valid. All dates must be valid.
- We accept the TOEFL iBT at Test Centers or Home Edition (please note we do NOT accept the TOEFL Essentials at this time)
- IELTS – We accept only academic module results; the minimum required score is 7.5. Your test result must not be more than two years old. If you are admitted to the program, official scores must be sent directly from Cambridge (IELTS) to Georgetown University MBA Admissions.
- PTE – The minimum required score is 68. Your test result must not be more than two years old. If you are admitted to the program, official scores must be sent directly from Pearson Vue to Georgetown University MBA Admissions.
MBA Advanced Access Program
Georgetown McDonough is excited to invite you to participate in our new MBA Advanced Access Program (MAAP), which allows those in their final year of undergraduate or graduate school who have not previously had professional full-time work experience to apply for deferred enrollment into our Full-time MBA Program.
During your deferral period you will gain access to select speakers and events and have the opportunity to engage and learn more about our community.
MAAP Application Deadline
The deadline to apply is with our Round 4 deadline of April 26, 2022, only after which your application will be reviewed. The initial deposit is $500. Each following year until matriculation, you will be asked to reconfirm that you meet enrollment requirements and make any subsequent deposits.