McDonough School of Business students interested in studying abroad during the fall and spring semesters should review the information listed below.
- McDonough Study Abroad Course Policies and Guidelines (Read this before starting your research.)
- Approved Courses Abroad (McDonough students only)
After reviewing the information above, students are expected to follow these steps:
- Attend a Study Abroad 101 Information Session at the Office of Global Education (OGE)
- Research program options and regions of interest through OGE’s website
- Make an appointment with an OGE study abroad advisor
- Make an appointment with Sara Skillman to discuss course options and the credit approval process for semester and full year programs.
- Make an appointment with Monija Amani to discuss summer global opportunities, Global Business Experience, Global Internships, International Case Competitions, and other global immersion programs that you might be interested in.
All students studying abroad on Georgetown-administered and Georgetown-affiliated (approved) programs are expected to follow Georgetown University policies and procedures. Therefore, students must familiarize themselves with the policies upheld by the Office of Global Education, in conjunction with the McDonough School of Business.
Note: Due to processes at abroad host institutions, please be aware that transcripts arrive at the Undergraduate Program Office three to four months after the study abroad program is completed. Transcripts arrive first at the Office of Global Education, where they are reviewed, before being forwarded to our office.