All applications must be submitted through our online application.
Graduate Management Admissions Test (GMAT) / Graduate Record Exam (GRE)
All applicants are required to take either the GMAT or GRE. To complete your application, you must upload an unofficial, scanned copy of your test score (no more than five years old) directly into the online application. Official scores only need to be submitted if you are admitted to the program.
GMAT Program Codes
- Full-time MBA Program JT7-G0-20
- Evening MBA Program: JT-G0-64
GRE Program Code
- Full-time and Evening MBA Programs: 7821
You are required to hold a four-year bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university or an equivalent degree from a foreign country. To complete your application, you must upload unofficial transcripts for all academic coursework you've taken directly into the online application. Please make sure each transcript document includes:
- course names
- all grades received
- cumulative GPA
- degree conferral information
- grading scale
- For more information on how to submit your grading scale, please view our Grade Scale Guide.
- degree certificate (international applicants only)
- For more information on submitting your degree certificate, please view our Diploma Guide.
Official transcripts should only be submitted if you are admitted to the program.
We want to hear your story. When responding to our required essays, be authentic and take time to reflect on your goals and past experiences. Craft a response that explains how these experiences led you to pursue an MBA.
- Essay One: We would like to learn more about you. Please answer the following essay question in 500 words or less: “What matters to you? Please share an experience from your past that illustrates why this matters to you and how it will enable you to contribute during your MBA Program (note: this does not necessarily need to be related to your professional goals).”
- Video Essay: Please introduce yourself to your future Georgetown MBA cohort in a one minute video. The Admissions Committee would like for you to appear in person during part of your video, and we strongly encourage you to speak outside of the experiences we can read on your resume. You may paste the link to your Youtube or Vimeo video in your application. Please note that we cannot accept private or password protected videos. For more instructions, view our Video Essay Guide.
- Optional Essay One: If you are not currently employed full-time, use this essay to provide information about your current activities. (250 words or fewer)
- Optional Essay Two: Please provide any information you would like to add to your application that you have not otherwise included. (500 words or fewer)
- Re-Applicant Essay: Required for re-applicants. How have you strengthened your candidacy since your last application? We are particularly interested in hearing about how you have grown professionally and personally. (500 words or fewer)
How have you progressed in your career and made an impact in your organization? Use this component of the application process to clearly outline your professional experience and accomplishments. Upload a current résumé that corresponds to the information submitted in the "Employment" section of your online application. Your résumé should clearly identify part-time and internship experience, as well as months and years in each position.
Only one recommendation is required for the Georgetown MBA application. We are interested in gaining insight from someone who can objectively evaluate your professional performance as well as managerial and leadership potential. We discourage letters from university faculty, family members, and additional letters of recommendation. A current supervisor is strongly preferred for Full-time MBA applicants and required of Evening MBA Program applicants.
Recommenders are required to submit the recommendation forms online and will receive detailed instructions once you complete the “Recommendations” section of your application. The recommender may submit a letter or performance review as part of the online form
You are required to submit a $175 non-refundable application fee, payable online via credit card. We are unable to accept personal checks and money orders.
You may receive an application fee waiver if you belong to one of the following groups. Waivers will be applied automatically when you submit your application.
- Active duty, reservists, or veterans of the United States military
- Management Leadership for Tomorrow (MLT) Fellows
- Forté MBA Launch participants
- Members of the Consortium for Graduate Study in Management (CGSM)
- Current and returned Peace Corps Volunteers
You automatically qualify for a reduced application fee of $100 if you meet the criteria below:
- Members of Women in Technology
- Members of the Forté Foundation
- AmeriCorps and Teach for America participants or alumni
Attendees of an event listed below will receive an application fee reduction code via email. Please apply this code when you complete the application and the reduction will be applied to your account.
- Experience Georgetown information session or class visit between July 2016 and March 2017
- On-campus MBA Information Session
- Focus on Diversity
- Evening Program Preview Day
If you have already applied, or are applying through the Consortium, we regrettably cannot refund the amount of the application fee waiver or reduction.
Interviews are offered by invitation only. Invitations to interview are extended following each application deadline and will continue up until the decision release date. Additionally, waitlist candidates may be invited to interview after initial decisions are released.
*International applicants are required to submit additional application components