Executive Master’s in Leadership candidates bring diverse professional backgrounds and experiences to the program. They display high leadership potential and have a deep interest in shaping the global business environment and leading in their organizations.
TO APPLY, APPLICANTS SHOULD:
- Possess a minimum of eight years of professional work experience. All military experience is counted as work experience.
- Possess a bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university in the United States or the equivalent from an international college or university.
- Demonstrate high potential for leadership. A business background is not required.
The EML Admissions Committee uses a holistic approach when making an admissions decision. Therefore, it is necessary to submit all application components so the Admissions Committee can make an informed decision about your application.
The Admission Committee will only review completed applications that include the following components:
- Online Application Form
- CV or Resume
- Personal Statement
- Employer Letter of Support
- Two Recommendations
- Academic Records
- Proof of English Proficiency (if requested)
- Non-refundable Application Fee: $175 USD
Applications must be submitted through our online application portal.
Submit a current CV or resume in month/year format that corresponds to the information submitted on your online application.
The personal statement component of the application provides you with an opportunity to share with the Admissions Committee things about yourself not immediately evident in other components of the application. We recommend you take careful consideration when writing your personal statement to ensure you convey and express the appropriate message to the Admissions Committee.
Prompt: Please explain what unique abilities you would bring to the program and how obtaining this degree will contribute to the attainment of your personal and professional goals.
Format: Essays should be typed, double spaced, and not exceed 700 words.
A letter of support from your current employer is required on company letterhead. Please indicate whether your employer is fully or partially financially sponsoring you (although financial sponsorship is not required to apply). If you are self-employed, you are still required to submit an employer letter of support noting this.
A template can be downloaded from the “Company Letter of Support” section of your online application.
The Admissions Committee is interested in gaining insight from individuals who can objectively evaluate your professional performance, as well as your managerial and leadership potential.
We require that you identify two recommenders. One recommendation must be from a current or former (recent) direct supervisor. The second recommendation may be from a former supervisor, a current indirect supervisor, or a client. A third recommendation may also be identified from a former supervisor, a current indirect supervisor, or a client. Note that the Admissions Committee will not read more than three recommendations per application.
All recommendations must be submitted electronically via the application system. Recommenders will receive detailed instructions once you complete the “Recommendations” section of your application.
Applicants to Georgetown McDonough are required to hold a four-year bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university or an equivalent degree from a foreign country*.
To apply: we require that you upload unofficial copies of your transcripts from all institutions that have conferred a degree to you (e.g. undergraduate, graduate, Ph.D., M.D., J.D., etc.).
If admitted/enrolled: all applicants that are admitted and enroll will be required to submit official transcripts from all institutions that have conferred a degree to you. Georgetown McDonough reserves the right to withdraw any offer of admission if there is a discrepancy between the uploaded unofficial transcript and/or translation, and the official original language transcript and/or the official translation.
Instructions for transcripts:
- All submitted transcripts must display the following*:
- course names
- all grades received (including from transfer credits and study abroad programs)
- cumulative GPA
- grading scale
- type of degree and degree conferral information
- We require that all transcripts be submitted in English.
Most major foreign universities will issue official transcripts in English themselves. However, if your institution is unable to do this, you are responsible for providing Georgetown McDonough with an English translation of your transcript. Your translator must certify that the original documentation was received in a sealed envelope from your university or issuing institution. After translating, your translator should enclose both the original (non-translated) and the certified translation in an envelope and seal and sign the envelope. The transcript should be enclosed in the signed, sealed envelope and submitted by mail to Georgetown McDonough.
As an alternative to an individual translator providing certified translations, international applicants who attend institutions outside of the United States may submit their transcripts in the form of World Education Services (WES) ICAP evaluations. You should note that official transcripts are delivered electronically with their evaluations through WES. WES evaluations may take the place of official transcripts as long as they come to Georgetown McDonough directly from WES and include a copy of the official transcripts you had evaluated. Use of the WES service is not required.
- We require proof a degree was conferred and the date of graduation. Some international transcripts do not explicitly state that a degree was conferred or the date of graduation.
If your transcript does not explicitly state that a degree was conferred or the date of graduation, you should obtain an official letter from your university indicating the date of your graduation and the degree conferral date. This letter should be enclosed in a signed, sealed envelope and included with your transcript.
- A transcript is official when:
submitted in an envelope which is issued by your institution(s) and sealed by your university's registrar's office (or equivalent office) to the address below:
Attn: EML Admissions
Rafik B. Hariri Building, Suite 474
37th & O Streets, NW
Washington, DC 20057
submitted from your institution via a secure electronic delivery (such as Scrip-Safe) via email to email@example.com
requested from the appropriate institution's registrar, returned to you, and submitted unopened.
International students are required to demonstrate a level of competence in English sufficient to meet the admission requirements of our Executive Degree Programs. All non-native English speakers are required to submit a current TOEFL, IELTS, or the Pearson Test of English result if their admissions counselor has requested it or if they wish to voluntarily submit one.
- TOEFL: Official scores must be sent directly from ETS to Georgetown University Executive Education Admissions using ETS Code Number: 2509-02. The minimum required score is 250 (computer-based), 600 (paper-based), or 100 (internet-based). Your test result must not be more than two years old.
- IELTS: Official scores must be sent directly from Cambridge (IELTS) to your admissions counselor. We accept only academic module results; the minimum required score is 7.5. Your test result must not be more than two years old.
- PEARSON TEST OF ENGLISH: Official scores must be sent directly from Pearson Vue to your admissions counselor. The minimum required score is 68. Your test result must not be more than two years old.
Please note: If you meet any of the following criteria, you are not required to submit a TOEFL/IELTS score:
- You have received a bachelor's or advanced degree from an accredited institution of higher education in the United States or from a university where English is the primary language of instruction.
- Your native language is English.
Applicants must submit a $175 non-refundable application fee, payable online via credit card or e-check. Please do not send a personal check or money order. Application fee waivers will be granted to candidates who are active duty, reservists, or veterans of the United States military.
For additional information, please contact the EML Admissions Team at +1 (202) 687-4055 or firstname.lastname@example.org.