Integral to the intensive EMBA experience is the opportunity to evaluate your career and define specific professional goals that form part of your journey with us. In addition to the stimulating academic learning experience, Georgetown McDonough provides you the personalized support you need to articulate your career aspirations and evaluate your options across different professional fields.
The Executive Career Management team supports each student with advisory, coaching, and guidance throughout the Georgetown EMBA journey. Our primary career management objective is to enable you to unleash your potential by helping you:
- Discover your strengths by understanding your values, leadership style, motivation and aspirations;
- Explore your options by assimilating industry trends, work environments, and career paths and making meaningful career connections; and
- Create your future by crystalizing your career narrative and personal branding while also preparing you for a career move and integration.
Executive Career Management provides you with a host of interventions that are outcome-driven, customized, and highly focused on individual needs. They include:
- Leadership assessments that determine your leadership style, inter-cultural readiness, strengths, business reasoning, motivators, and drivers;
- In-class sessions on career topics and leadership evolution that prepare you for the challenges in your career journey;
- Webinars with tutorials on career transitioning, preparing career documents, improving your visibility, and personal branding;
- 1-on-1 Coaching that ensures confidential sharing and helps you brainstorm, practice, and prepare for your career transitions;
- Career Connections support that helps you make the right industry and professional connections to progress in your exploratory journey;
- Connections to Georgetown’s global alumni network so you can broaden your own network and explore new opportunities while you gain new learnings; and
- A career toolkit with a shared repository of templates, samples, and best practice documents that provide you with the right kind of guidance to achieve your career goals.
During special events organized by Executive Career Management, you will meet and interact with distinguished alumni, industry leaders, and Career Connects who share their insights on industry trends and best practices as you strategize your career goals.
At Strategy Saturday, distinguished leaders across multiple industries and organizations draw upon their expertise to share critical insights as you explore your career options. The event aims to:
- Inform you about industry trends, career opportunities/challenges, and insights on leadership;
- Inspire you with successful career stories from panel members; and
- Integrate best practices with your career goals in the context of today’s global business environment.
Students are able to interact with successful leaders in a large group setting, in small focus groups and carousel sessions, and in informal conversations in a social setting during the event.
The Recruitment Roundtable invites business leaders and talent specialists from different organizations to share information pertaining to their strategy, hiring trends, and hiring process, and expectations of new hires. They also provide a list of open and frequently hired positions. The event exposes students to the realities of the job market, as well as the expectations and the extent of preparation required for making successful career transitions.
This session connects you with prospective employers from different Industry segments with a goal to:
- Engage and articulate the requirements and value propositions from both sides;
- Educate each other on capabilities, opportunities, and expectations; and
- Explore potential synergies.
The Leadership Forum brings you, industry leaders, and experts from different organizations together to brainstorm and discuss some of the challenges global leaders experience in their current roles. Through these discussions, you are able to hone your leadership skills throughout your journey with us.
Some of the key topics for discussion include:
- Thriving in a multi-generational workforce environment;
- Impact of inclusion in managing teams effectively; and
- Managing change in a complex and evolving business.
Meet The Assistant Dean of Career Management
Raji Ramanan leads the Georgetown McDonough Executive Career Management team of experienced advisors, career coaches, and leadership experts. The team brings more than 200 years of leadership and career coaching experience.
Prior to Georgetown Raji worked at Randstad, Lafarge, Iberdrola, and UST Global and brings experience across 17 countries and four continents. She has proven expertise in leadership assessment and executive coaching and has won numerous awards including Woman HR Professional of the Year from the National Association for Professional Women and Outstanding Contributor to Global HR and Global Leadership Development from Asia Pacific HRM Congress.